Monday, May 17, 2010

THE BEST GIFT A WIFE CAN GIVE HER HUSBAND

As wives we are asked to wear multiple hats... partner, confidante, friend, lover, organizer, nurturer, sounding block, magician, miracle worker and the list goes on and on.  We are asked to give so much more than it seems we ourselves are given at times.  Our capacity to handle a multitude of problems at once is staggering.  I actually overheard my husband giving advice to a newlywed husband on the eve of his wedding.  He whispered, "Your wife will be able to do so many things that it will make your head spin.  She will instinctively know how to love and nurture your children.  You will watch with amazement and simply be in awe of her... so just love her all the time."  He had no idea that I heard him say those things but I have thought of that comment many times throughout our marriage.  I remember that he thinks that of me those moments when I am the most frustrated with him or am feeling overworked and under-appreciated.  He is in awe of me...  Somehow, those words just give me the strength to push through the frustration and sometimes the tears.

It also makes me wonder where he finds his strength in his times of need.  I hope it is me.  A husband needs his wife to believe in him, even when he doesn't believe in himself... especially when he doesn't believe in himself.  He needs your strength when he can't find his own courage and your support in the event of failure.  He needs your comfort when he is broken and your wisdom when decisions need to be made.  He needs you to build him up, especially in front of your children so that they have confidence in his ability to lead your family.  He needs for you to believe in him, even if you are scared of where you are going.  Trust in him.  Most of all, he needs your unconditional love and the knowledge that you are proud of him regardless of his triumphs or failures.  Your belief in him will give him the courage to be so much more than he knew was possible for himself.

Time is fleeting and once it is gone it is gone forever.  Don't miss an opportunity to tell your husband that you are proud of him or that you genuinely appreciate him and all that he does for your family.  Too often our praise is showered upon people who don't truly have a vested interest in our lives.  Let there be nothing left unsaid or undone between you and know that the best gift you can give your husband is your faith in him.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great post! I needed to hear that. Sometimes it's so easy to take Hubby for granted :)

    I'm following you back, with pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandie Lee and Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful. Our husbands are our kings. We are their crown of glory and when the two are a team, they are unstoppable.
    I am following your blog now.

    www.babyroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Baby Royalty! I have been away for awhile & just saw your comment. I am following you too! What a blessing to be surrounded by such amazing women!

    ReplyDelete